Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Fundraising Match Announced!

At this time yesterday I thought I would never reach my fundraising goal. In fact, I'm still not so quite sure that I'll be able to make it. But, thanks to the generosity of friends things are definitely looking up!

I emailed all my work friends today to remind them about my upcoming run and to ask them to donate to my Run for a Cure. I received a few more generous donations from my co-workers (a.k.a. my second family!). But one message in particular caught my eye.

My friend Melanie grew up in Davis, CA, a couple hours outside of Napa where my cousin currently lives, and where I will be staying during race weekend. Her family owns a farm there - The Collins Farm - and they will be having a blackberry festival during the weekend of the race that they invited us to. Unfortunately, it's the same evening as our inspirational pasta party, so I let them know that we are unable to attend.

Donate today at bit.ly/ashleytarbet!
However, once they read my fundraising page and blog, they offered something even greater! This morning I was just shy of the 50% fundraising mark, and Rich Collins offered to match each dollar I raise from here until I reach my goal!

With this encouragement, I am one giant step closer to reaching my fundraising goal and getting us to
Napa for the Wine Country Half Marathon! Please consider donating today to help me reach 75% so the Collins Farm match will get me to my goal!

I have to say that I am continually surprised my the generosity of human beings, and feel extremely grateful to have such loving and supporting friends, family, and co-workers. Thank you to all of you for your continued support - 13.1 or bust!

Run strong,
ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment