Sunday, March 10, 2013

Injury?

On Wednesday afternoon I was at work - just walking around - when all of a sudden I got a sharp pain up the center of my right ankle. I haven't been able to walk on it for a few days, but this morning I woke up and it was totally fine. Friday was a snow day, so I kept off it and had it elevated, but Thursday and Saturday I had to work in the warehouse so was walking around on it most of the day. I had this weird limp going on because I couldn't step flat on my foot without pain, so I was keeping the weight on the outside or inside of the foot. But this morning it was totally fine, and I even ran 3.6 miles today. So I don't know what's wrong with it. I'm gong to call my doctor first thing in the morning to see if I can get an appointment for Monday or Tuesday. Because even though it's fine, I don't want it to actually be something more serious and then take me out completely in the middle of training for the most important race of my life so far.

I think it was caused by a combination of things. I haven't been running regularly since the first snowstorm in January, and then I did two weeks of running 3-4 times per week. So it may just be my feet getting used to pounding the pavement again. But also, I've been wearing shoes that are not so great for my feet. I have a pair of black heel boots, black flats, flat MacBeth sneakers, and moccasin slippers that are all pretty flat arch-wise that I've been wearing around, so maybe two straight weeks of wearing sneakers with ultra-supportive arches are what did me in? Either way, I will post an update once I've had a chance to talk to the doctor. Here's hoping for 13.1!

ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment