Friday, April 18, 2014

Waiting for Spring!

So it's April. And it's 30 degrees outside. And it's April.

So where's Spring?

Who knows! What I do know, is this crazy weather that can't make up its mind is driving me into hibernation with one cold after another. It's finally at the point where my doctor has put me on a bunch of meds and ordered me to rest for the ENTIRE WEEKEND.

I guess this is a good thing. More rest means a happier, healthier me, means better runs and training, means better half marathon this summer.

But it's spring.

I'm supposed to be out running 7 miles on heartbreak hill tomorrow celebrating the beautiful weather and the sunshine, getting to know my teammates, and gearing up for "Marathon Monday" here in Boston. But instead I'll be hibernating at home, "resting", and waiting for whatever this sickness is that I have to go away.

I guess it could be worse, a lot worse, and I shouldn't be complaining. I'm just so excited to be part of Team Challenge this year, and finally feeling motivated to do my regular runs, and really just want to be out there running. But, running last weekend and all this week when I was still sick is probably what stopped me from getting better already.

So, I'll give this another few days, let my body recuperate, and next week I'll be out pounding the pavement once again for a cure. I want to wish all my teammates good luck at training tomorrow. I'll be with them there in spirit while they climb heartbreak hill.

In the meantime, I'll work on my fundraising and see if I can't get closer to my goal. I'm 44% there already! Help me hit the $2k mark this week and win the prize for most number of donations by making your own donation at bit.ly/ashleyruns.

Let's kick IBD in the butt!
ashley

bit.ly/ashleyruns

No comments:

Post a Comment