Saturday, April 6, 2013

1st Group Training Run with the Napa Team

Updating our team fundraising progress.
Today I met the rest of the Napa team, got some tips on footwear and nutrition, and ran about 3 miles or so in the chilly wind. Collectively, our team has raised over $180K for a cure! I'm about a third of the way to my personal fundraising goal, but couldn't be prouder of our team :)

I'm pretty confident right now in my speed and endurance. I was near the head of the pack for most of the run this morning, but also got to chat with Marisa, Leslie, Kristen, and a few others. 

We also received 20% off at Greater Boston Running Co, where they did a footwear clinic for us. I picked up a water bottle belt to use while I train. Previously I really only brought a water bottle with me on longer summer runs, but never really went beyond 4 or 5 miles until my 10K training in the fall. But if I'm going to be out on the road for 2 hours at a time in July I wanted to get used to wearing the belt now. Especially because I've always been told not to try anything new for race day. I want to get in the habit and have my body adjust to wearing it before then.

Anyway, I had a great morning in Lexington with the crew. I won't be joining the group run next weekend as I'll be in Maine volunteering at Camp Sunshine, and the week after I'm working. But I'll be joining the group on the 27th at DW Fields Park in Brockton - back to my roots!

Still waiting for spring...
ashley

The Team before the run warming up inside at GBRC.

No comments:

Post a Comment